thumbprintpaints

Tuesday, February 01, 2022

I have at times thought myself crazy,

 


Find the time

.thumbprintpoetry.

as I walk I think,

I try not to lose

Focus of the fact

That getting to the destination is the goal.

It is not always pretty,

I am not ever perfect,

Sometimes I get lost,

 sometime angry and scared,

most of the time I get

Where I am going,

This is my point,

As I think about life as preparation,

I look at where I have come from,

As I look at life right now I start to understand,

Life doesn’t always send me where I think it should

I have at times thought myself crazy,

But I now know that the label only fit the symptoms,

And that crazy was a defense that helped my mind cope,

I came to a point in the journey when life sent me the unexpected.

I have only just come to realize all preparation it takes 

for these cardinal moments.

Those that survive long enough to gain the perspective to find,

That most of us use crazy only for part of the time,

Knowing that through all the experiences we finally adapt,

 make us uniquely suited for the next.

.kevin lloyd lakes.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home