thumbprintpaints

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

 


with remembrance of those who have died

.thumbprintpoetry.

I start a new page,

I return to the work,

With a renewed sense of pride.

Sense of smell and hunger pangs,

Opportunity knocks

With building blocks,

They’re my foundation to build upon.

State of readiness,

Clear as this picture gets.

Thick the haze behind me,

Show of support for those who have it worse than me.

Whom feel the struggle more painfully,

Each new day a cause for hope and sanctuary,

the silence is now a friend to me,

Loosing the comfort of predictability,

Giving up fear

Gaining a cautious joy.

I am here and right now well,

Not feeling pressure,

Freedom from the pull.

The pull of each tick of time,

Gravity grounding each new choice,

 so sure I would not be here,

I think this time my approach not to steer.

Allow the healing,

All that I hold dear,

Time shows that it is clear,

The next breath so far

 is almost always near.

 .kevin lloyd lakes.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home