thumbprintpaints

Monday, February 28, 2022

 


Don’t take

.thumbprintpoetry.

it

so serious

as to ruin

your day.

 there is risk of taking

things to serious.

Or

Wait that’s not me,

I tend not to take things serious enough

But that is for another day.

It bothers me to see someone so disgruntled that they can ruin their day and seriously

Dampen the spirits of those around them

Over a stupid inconvenience.

Bent out of shape,

Attitude souring.

Live in the world of I am so serious when

True suffering is happening.

Rising above the petty

Not for self righteous.

But to personally survive,

Leave the anger to achieve,

 A mirror on balance to see that you can succeed,

At letting the incoscionsiquential fill of it all pass on by.

For the alternative is just ugly and all to common,

To let go of the chip on your shoulder.

Brush it to the side,

I know that not everything goes as expected.

But people now

just take a couple of breaths,

And understand this.

If you can handle the stupid stuff,

You have so much more to give,

Even if it starts with one smile.

This is where I want to live. 

.kevin l. lakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home